MA Security and Terrorism Law
Study global terrorism and the response to terrorism by proper legal channels in this unique online distance learning course from the Liverpool Centre for Advanced Policing Studies at Liverpool John Moores University in partnership with Informa Connect.
- Module 1 - Security Studies
- Module 2 - International Law and Human Rights Law
- Module 3 - Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Module 4 - Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Module 5 - Military and Security Responses to Counter-Terrorism
- Module 6 - International Security and Terrorism Law
- Module 7 - Security and Terrorism Law Dissertation
What you'll learn
- A solid understanding of the many problems facing the international community today, with flexible study options of a PGCert, PGDip and MA.
- An investigation of the relevant human rights law and international law issues and connects global legal issues to the broader role of security and counter-terrorism.
- Reflection and analysis to understand and develop your own area of expertise within the fields of law making, law enforcement, counter-terrorism and intelligence analysis.
- Understanding and applying intelligence and analytical thinking to practical problems by looking at current and emerging problems as well as evaluating potential solutions to these issues.
- Discovering how law making, law enforcement, security forces and politicians are trying to counter and combat threats in a global environment.
When does it start and how long is the course?
We offer one start date per academic year (September).
The programme must be completed within:
- PGCert: 11 months
- PGDip: 22 months
- MSc: 28 months
How is the course assessed?
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs