Kenny KirkbyTransactor: Sustainable Finance & ESG Advisory at Rand Merchant Bank
- Kenny is an ESG specialist within the RMB sustainable solutions team having worked in the sustainability management field for the past 12 years.
- At RMB, his primary focus is on supporting the successful integration of ESG considerations and innovation for new sustainable finance products and advisory solutions.
- Prior to joining RMB he was an Associate Director and Head of Strategic Advisory Services at IBIS Consulting. His role was focused on supporting a variety of financial sector clients to leverage ESG and Impact considerations as a means to drive commercial and stakeholder value. This included working with leading investors, investment managers and lenders investing across Africa.
- He has led the development of over 20 ESG management systems, toolkits and reporting frameworks for clients, including developing ESG toolkits for a large European based DFI and a major Multilateral Development Bank (MDB). He also led the development of several strategies and IMM frameworks for national and international impact investing funds focused on both green and/or social mandates.
- Highlights include completing more than 50 ESG due diligence assessments across 15 different African countries, providing technical advisory support to clients and executing on several sustainable finance deals, leading the vendor ESG due diligence assessment process for Anglo American and its divestment of selected coal assets in South Africa, and providing ESG advisory support to some of the largest resources sector clients operating in Africa, including Rio Tinto, De Beers, Shell and ExxonMobil.