Yoshitaka TodorokiManaging Director, Private Market Investment Department at Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF)Speaker
- Managing Director, Head of Infrastructure, Private Market Investment Department, GPIF
- Joined GPIF in March 2016, from Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management (‘SMAM’), where he led a newly established team that developed investment opportunities in the alternative space for clients mainly in Japanese pension industry.
- Before seconded to SMAM from Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (‘SMBC’) in late 2014, he took a leading role to develop new investment opportunities in the private equity investment market in Asia-Pacific region for the bank and also led a team to establish an infrastructure fund dedicated to Indian market with an Indian local bank and a global infrastructure investor.
- Before moving to SMBC in 2007, he worked for a Japanese subsidiary of MassMutual Life Insurance (‘MMJ’) as a chief portfolio manager, leading MMJ’s investment activities in corporate bond, securitization products and various alternative fund investment markets.
- He started his professional career at Sumitomo Trust & Banking (now renamed as Sumitomo Mitsui Trust & Banking) in1987 and long served in the credit investment business area, where he accumulated experiences in corporate, project, municipality and emerging market financing as well as securitization bond/loan investment opportunities in global market, at the bank’s Tokyo head office and its London Branch. During the time, he led analysis for financing infrastructure privatization project in Australia in early to mid ‘90s and developed experience in infrastructure financing in various markets since then.
- Graduated from Hitotsubashi University, with Bachelor of Commerce in 1987. Completed Investment Management Programme at London Business School in 2002.