Ahmed EmaraGroup CEO & Managing Director at ReAya Holding
Dr. Ahmed Emara is the Founder, Group CEO & Managing Director of ReAya Holding, a company he founded in 2012, that has grown from a small investment company to a group of portfolio companies across different geographies.
He is Medical Doctor/Surgeon by profession, a Healthcare and Life Science Entrepreneur, a Healthcare Operator and an Investor with over 25 years of strong international exposure and operational background in managing a spectrum of multi-disciplinary companies. Dr. Emara holds a solid track record of strategizing in Private Equity Deals where he assumes the responsibility of Identifying and implementing best practices, business process assessments, mapping and process re-engineering.
Dr. Emara steps in personally and takes over full responsibility of most of ReAya’s portfolio companies as the CEO/Managing Director. This very hands-on-approach differentiates ReAya from all other investment companies across the region. His endeavors also include developing viable investment opportunities in healthcare markets across MENA and escalating investee companies through restructuring, M&A activities, and operational reengineering.
He is also the Founder and Managing Partner of several entrepreneurial ventures including Muse (A healthcare M&A and advisory firm), and Tech. Developers (An intellectual property commercialization venture). As a recognized Healthcare Thought Leader, Dr. Emara is a regular panelist and speaker on healthcare private equity & operational excellence at international industry conferences.
Dr. Emara began his career in various senior management positions across Canada and the Middle East in affiliations with distinguished, intercontinental companies like Sanofi-Aventis, Bayer & Abbott.
Furthermore, he has held & still holds several positions of significant responsibilities including his current position at ReAya as the Founder, Group CEO & Managing Director:
- CEO of Jeddah BioCity (Pioneer life science venture-capital firm)
- Board Member, Exec & Finance Committee of Arabio (First JV Biological plant in MENA)
- Managing Director of ESD (A hazardous-medical-waste-management corporation)
- Managing Director of BioScan (A unique cyclotron cancer-diagnostic center)
- Board Director at SABA Medical (Ambulatory Healthcare group- 30 yrs. in business)
- Managing Director & CEO of Metrek (Chain of retail pharmacies and polyclinics.)
- Chairman & CEO of Avrupagoz, (Leading Turkish chain of ophthalmology centers)
- Managing Director & CEO of Zahrawi (Dubai-based distributor of Medical Devices)
- Managing Director & CEO of Dar Al Zahrawi (Saudi-based distributor of Medical Devices)
- Executive Chairman of Orzax, (Turkish production & marketing co. of nutritional supplements)
Dr. Emara, received his Bachelor in Medicine & Surgery from Cairo University, Egypt in 1992 and earned his MBA from City University, Seattle, USA in 2001. He further received Executive Certifications from renowned institutes like Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, INSEAD, IMD, Chicago Booth and MIT.
He is also an Alumnus of Harvard Business School, GMP-23 in 2017