Move-In & Move-Out
All exhibitors are required to wear a badge in order to access the show floor during Move-In, during The Show, and Move-Out.
All Move-In/Out times at The Buildings Show MTCC Loading Docks will be scheduled using Voyage Control, a reservation system for booking dedicated move-in and out times eliminating time wasted waiting in line to move-in
We understand that some of the materials that you bring to the show may not necessitate the use of a Loading Dock for your Move-In or Move-Out. If this is the case, then you don’t need to use Voyage Control and you may enter or exit through the Main Entrance or Parking Level with materials in hand or a hand dolly directly to your booth to set-up or vehicle.
More information will be emailed to you in November 2022 with log-in, set-up and scheduling details for Voyage Control to help facilitate your move in experience. If you have not received this information, please email Tori Grant at email@example.com.
Any exhibitors who show up at the Loading Dock entry without a Voyage Control booking risk having to wait for an available time slot and delay booth setup or move-out. Each vehicle will require a booking each time they arrive to load/unload and will have a limited time to load/unload before being required to depart.
Move-In Dates & Times
Monday, November 28 : 2pm – 10pm
Tuesday, November 29: 8am – 10pm
To determine your move-in time slot, refer to the move-in schedule below. Please note, move-in times must be adhered to.
Floor Plan Current as of: October 2022
We recommend you ship your show material to the Freeman warehouse in advance of the show. Goods may be shipped to arrive on or after October 31, 2022 and NO LATER than November 21, 2022. The benefits of advance shipping include: storage of material for up to 30 days prior to the show, delivery of shipment to your booth prior to exhibitor move-in and it saves you valuable time.
Move-Out Dates & Times
Friday, December 2: 1pm – 10pm
To determine your move-out time slot, refer to the move-out schedule below. Please note, move-out times are when you can start to book your Voyage Control timeslot. If you do not require Voyage Control, you can move-out following show close.
Floor Plan Current as of: October 2022
Move-out begins once all attendees are off the show floor. Exhibitors must wait until 1:00pm to begin packing up or dismantling any portion of their display. Move-Out ends at 9:00 pm.
Please note: packing up displays or dismantling your booth prior to 1:00pm may affect approval to participate in future shows.
This option will allow you to pack up your exhibit materials, leave it in your booth and walk away without any wait time.
- Material Handling Services
LEAVING YOUR EXHIBIT MATERIALS FOR PICK UP BY YOUR CARRIER – Every shipment requires a Freeman Material Handling Agreement and Shipping Label. Freeman can prepare these for you and deliver them to your booth by filling out THIS FORM and returning it to the Freeman Service Desk before show close. It is imperative you complete the form so that your goods can be released to your carrier.
- Freeman, the show’s official transportation company, offers local, regional and international shipping services including Advanced Warehousing for those exhibitors who wish to pre-ship their exhibit materials to the show.
- As the official transportation company, Freeman has first access to the show floor, ensuring your exhibit materials will be on the floor when you arrive for your scheduled move-in time slot.
- Exhibitors also have the option to arrange Direct-to-Show Site Shipping using Freeman.
- Pre-show storage is also available to exhibitors NOT shipping with Freeman, however transportation charges to show site will apply. For more information, refer to the Freeman Ordering Site or contact Freeman at FreemanCanadaFreight@freeman.com or by phone at 1-888-508-5054.
Customs & International Shipping
Freeman is the Official Customs Broker for The Buildings Show. Freeman will maintain staff on-site from move-in through move-out to assist exhibitors with their entry/import and return/export of goods. Exhibitors shipping materials from outside of Canada, including convention materials, must use a customs broker. Advance communication will ensure the most favourable customs status and trouble-free entry. Exhibitors may request a comprehensive Customs Guide from Freeman to assist in the preparation and distribution of documents.
Note: U.S.A. Exhibitors who are sending equipment to the show that is not of U.S.A. origin, must complete a special customs form for U.S. Customs to ensure easy return to the U.S.A. after the show. Contact Freeman for more information.
Review and submit the following documents to Freeman:
E: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibitor Appointed Contractors
It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure all exhibitor appointed contractors (EACs) or agents abide by all rules and regulations for The Buildings Show, including the Guidelines for Exhibitor Appointed Contractors outlined below. We recommend all EACs review this manual to give them an overall picture of the show guidelines.
Exhibitors are required to notify Show Management of their intent to hire an EAC by submitting the online Intent to Hire an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) form prior to October 31, 2022. Exhibitors will require the EAC's Certificate of Insurance to complete the below form.
Exhibitors should make EACs aware of the guidelines to be followed as listed in the Booth Standards and Show Standards, as well as the points below:
- The EAC shall be given the right to provide services requested of them by an exhibitor in the set-up and dismantling on the show floor, and shall have the right to utilize qualified employees;
- These services shall not conflict with existing labour regulations or contracts, including exclusive services provided by the MTCC, ShowTech Power & Lighting and Freeman. In performing work for their clients, the EAC shall cooperate fully with the MTCC, ShowTech Power & Lighting and Freeman.
- The EAC shall possess a valid public liability and property damage insurance policy with minimum $5,000,000 in coverage. The Certificate of Insurance must name Informa Canada Inc. and the Metropolitan Toronto Convention Centre Corporation as additional insured. Exhibitors are required to obtain the EAC's Certificate of Insurance and submit it to Show Management via the online Intent to Hire an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor form prior to October 31, 2022
- The EAC shall have a true and valid work order from an exhibitor in advance of the show move-in date and shall not solicit business on the show floor, or during move-in or move-out dates.
- The EAC will be responsible, if applicable, for all reasonable costs related to the EAC’s work at the site. This may include overtime pay for stewards, restoration of the exhibit space to its initial condition, etc.
- The EAC shall abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its applicable regulations at all times during set-up and tear down. All workers MUST wear approved safety footwear at all times during move-in and move-out, regardless of their booth size or location on the show floor. Approved hard hats must be worn in booths where overhead work is being done. Full details can be found in the Health & Safety section of the exhibitor manual.