James SheedySenior Associate at Baker & Partners
James is an English barrister and Jersey Advocate, who joined Baker & Partners in January 2014. James has a busy Jersey practice with a particular focus on contentious and non-contentious trust work.
James advises, undertakes drafting work, and acts for beneficiaries, trustees and other power-holders in relation to:
- Breach of trust claims, asset tracing/recovery and claims for secondary liability against accessories.
- Issues concerning trust administration, the appointment and removal of trustees and the exercise of powers.
- Applications to court for directions, the variation and rectification of trusts and the disclosure of information to beneficiaries and third parties.
- Jurisdiction disputes and the enforcement of foreign judgments against trustees and beneficiaries.
- Issues concerning trustees’ rights of indemnity, fees and legal cost.
James also advises in relation to a broad range of contentious commercial and company law disputes. He is continually ranked in Legal 500 UK, Chambers & Partners UK and Chambers & Partners Global.