Stephanie AuferilFounding Partner at Arkwood SCP
Stephanie is a founding partner of Arkwood SCP. She was previously a partner at Baker & McKenzie in Paris, in charge of Wealth Management practice.
Before joining Baker & McKenzie in 2002, she worked as an associate for Arthur Andersen law firm from 1998 to 2002, and for Goldsmith & Associés from 1995 to 1998.
Stéphanie advises the families on all their wealth management issues, notably cross border, as well as financial institutions. Her expertise is particularly recognized in the following areas:
- Structuring of international wealth and estate planning, among others via life insurance products
- Taxation regime and voluntary disclosure of trusts and assimilated structures
- Assistance in the relocation of families and entrepreneurs: exit tax, pre- and post-immigration planning.
- Life insurance and foreign structures for non-residents: trusts family foundations…
- Structuring of French investments for non-residents, notably from gulf countries
- Assistance to artists and sportsmen, as well as fashion professionals, in an international context.
Stéphanie is a member of the IACF Wealth Management Commission (Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux) and IAETL (International Academy of Estate and Trust Law). She is currently a lecturer at UNIL (Lausanne University) in the context of the MASIT.
Stephanie won the Geoffrey Shindler award for “Outstanding Contribution to the Profession” granted during the 2017 STEP Awards after her successfully challenged before the French Constitutional Court, and the suppression of the French Registry of Trusts.
She was also rewarded by Citywealth in 2018 in the category “Entrepreneurial Woman of the Year”.
Chambers & Partners describes her as follows: “Stéphanie Auféril is held in high esteem by peers and market commentators for her capabilities in tax and trusts matters, working regularly with high net worth clients, with particular expertise in cross-border structuring”. She is individually ranked in band 1 in their HNW guide.