BETHA Scholarship Program
ICT Fund’s initiative Betha (scholarship) provides Emirati students with scholarships to be specialised in telecommunications and information technology, including computer engineering, electronic engineering and computer science. The initiative comes as a by-product of the growing demand for the UAE’s national human resources specialised in the telecom sector and related fields. ICT Fund has invested massively in the Betha programme to award hundreds of undergraduate and master's degrees at prestigious UAE and international universities.
In order to support the information and Communication technologies sector, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) launched the “Betha” initiative to strengthen the education sectors’ role in supporting outstanding nation scientific cadres, as well as advance the level of education in the ICT sector.
The TRA has assessed the status of national human resources in the ICT field and has determined that the number of specialized national graduates does not meet the ICT sectors growing demand for skilled local professionals.
Thus, the TRA signed a cooperative agreement called the “Betha “scholarship program, where local education institutions are entrusted to undertake the selection and supervision of students at
well-respected local universities.
Meet the ICT sector growing needs and pursue of the rapid developments.
- Provide the optimum environment for students to meet future requirements of the ICT sector in the UAE.
- Encourage investment, innovation, development and education.
- Develop the skills and abilities of the national of the United Arab
- Emirates in the field of telecommunications and information technology sector.
- Protect the number of local human resources in the sector and maintain a strong commitment to our responsibilities in the community.
- Grant offered all tuition costs, books, housing, transportation and include it for Bachelor (maximum five years) and master (a
maximum of 3 years).
- Bachelor degree student gets a monthly salary of five thousand dirhams.
- Master degree student gets a monthly salary of ten thousand dirhams (If not an employee).