NASA Space Apps Challenge
NASA’s International Space Apps Challenge has become the world’s largest global hackathon, engaging thousands of citizens across the globe to use NASA’s open data to build innovative solutions to challenges we face on Earth and in space.
NASA’s Space Apps inspires local communities to come together, think intensely, and create solutions to important problems. Each year, Space Apps engages thousands of individuals in cities around the world to work with NASA’s open-source data in a 48-hour sprint. It is an international hackathon for coders, scientists, designers, storytellers, makers, builders, technologists, and others in cities around the world, where teams engage with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s free and open data to address real-world problems on Earth and in space.
It gives the opportunity to bring projects to life for a wide range of applications, it is the chance to experience, experiment, and explore solutions to our universe’s biggest challenges, by innovators and problem-solvers from all over the world.
For the second time in UAE, this year's challenge will be organized in Dubai, AlAin, Ajman, Sharjah, Fujairah and Ras Alkhaimah.
There's always a space for one more...
What is Space? Space is the boundless four dimensional extent in which objects exist and events happen.
Our universe is enormously infinite there is always a space for one more story, idea, solution or invention..
There is always a space for more innovators!
This is the challenge for our youth capabilities to be unleashed from the UAE to space
What is Space Apps?
The NASA International Space Apps Challenge (or Space Apps) is an international hackathon that will take place over a 48 hour period virtually for cities around the globe between October 2nd and 3rd, 2021. The event embraces collaborative problem solving with a goal of producing open source solutions to challenges we currently face on Earth and in space.
NASA International Space Apps Challenge
Targeting coders, scientists, designers, storytellers, makers, builders, technologists, and others, Space Apps is an international Hackathon where teams engage with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration s free and open data to address real world problems on Earth and in space.
For 10 years, Space Apps has been working to pursue new knowledge that expands innovators' understanding through new scientific discoveries and helps them improve life on Earth
A 2-day Global Hackathon
- Inspire collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking
- Foster Earth and space science and exploration
- Raise awareness of NASA data around the world
- Encourage growth and diversity in the next generation of innovators, regardless of their background
Space Apps gives its participants the opportunity to:
- Have free access to NASA s open source data.
- Discover NASA s mission to Earth, Sun and out into space.
- Collaborate with other teams across borders.
- Innovate to bring projects to life for protecting our planet and the universe around us.
- Local winners 1 st place “ will have the opportunity to participate at the international finals from NASA headquarter, USA.
UAE Space Apps' Goals
- Contribute to the realization of the UAE Space National Strategy.
- Capacity building program to help citizens and residents in building their knowledge and experiences in all field related to Space and Exploration Technologies.
- Collaborate to develop a solutions for the problems facing the world in Earth and Space.
- Increase the UAE visibility on the worldwide space arena.