YoungShip Dubai is a platform for all youngsters passionate about the maritime industry in the UAE. YoungShip Dubai has a role to play by engaging, inspiring & working with the industry to promote the young bright minds in the Maritime industry for future progress & development.
At YoungShip Dubai we’re reinventing how people get together in the global maritime industry. Being a member of YoungShip Dubai you will clearly build strong bonds with the maritime industry and network with individuals that you can count on for sound advice and expertise.
The younger generation has bright ideas and views on how to solve some of the big challenges we face today like climate change, social and ethical behaviour, innovation in green technology, global cooperation by involving Government and private stakeholders etc. We endeavour to find answers to future questions and open doors for the next innovation in the global maritime industry. So, at YoungShip Dubai, we are here to promote the inquisitive spirit within the maritime industry by engaging with youngsters.
We regularly host events inviting the best practitioners in the maritime industry, such events are widely attended by our members, these events provide the right platform for youngsters to exchange ideas and to learn from the maritime industry practitioners.
Thus, if you are under 40 and you feel the same way, then join us at YoungShip Dubai.
CONECTING THE UAE MARITIME INDUSTRY
- Improving the skills and productivity of the UAE workforce is one of the six immediate economic priorities of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030.
- The maritime industry is one of six priority sub sectors included in the Dubai Industrial Strategy 2030.
- Strategically important sector due to UAE’s unique geographic position and history, with an opportunity to lead in green transportation and innovation.
- Maritime industry has faced global challenges due to the pandemic, thus it needs a platform to find collective solutions.
- Key to attract and retain young talent.
- A network of young professionals in the maritime industry that seeks to promote and enhance the professional development of young professionals in the UAE maritime industry.
- Active in the UAE since 2012
- Formally incorporated in ADGM in 2019 as YoungShip 25-55 Ltd, a non-profit private company limited by guarantee
- Some 50 active (non-paying) individuals and 1,300+ followers on social media
- Member of YoungShip Int’l (est. 2014):
- 34 local departments
- 3,000+ members globally
- Facilitate professional development in the maritime industry
- Promote the UAE maritime sector and facilitate talent attraction and retention