Joyce ChenAssociate Partner at Lee and Li (Taiwan)
Ms. Joyce W. Chen is an Associate Partner at Lee and Li, Attorneys-at-Law. Her practice focuses on international dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration and mediation. Ms. Chen has worked on many landmark cases in Asia and worldwide, including:
- Representing a renowned U.S. bank in a dispute over energy investment projects at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- Representing clients in a landmark joint venture dispute between Taiwanese and Chinese investors at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Assisting an arbitral tribunal in a dispute over thermal power plant construction at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Advising a major Japanese engineering company on an ICC arbitration for an airport express construction dispute
- Representing a U.S. insurance company in a US$2 billion insurance litigation case over a wafer fab fire
- Handling disputes over structured notes issued by Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
- Advising on a milestone dispute over US$1.8 billion worth of heritage estates
Among the cases Ms. Chen has worked on, many cases involved claim amounts exceeding US$1 billion. Ms. Chen has also advised various clients on contract review and negotiation, transactions, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, high-yield debt offerings and tender offers.
Insolvency in chaotic global markets, 09:40View Session