Clinical Trials Europe is pleased to announce that we are Patients Included accredited.
This means that we are “committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their condition while ensuring they are neither excluded nor exploited.”
For more information, visit the Patients Included website.
The Patients Included status is self-assessed and based on meeting all five of the charter’s clauses:
1. Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
- Research was carried out with several patients and patient groups when producing the Clinical Trials Europe programme.
2. Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- Many patients and patient groups who attend the event are invited to moderate and speak at the sessions.
- Patients partners are also involved with panel discussion.
3. Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
- The attendance of patients including having registration, travel and accommodation expenses are paid in full, in advance.
- In addition, the registration fees are kept low in hopes of limiting the affect that cost may have on people’s ability to attend the event.
4. The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
- The event is being held at the CCIB Congress Centre in Barcelona, which features accessible rooms and provides assistive devices. For specific questions, please contact the hotel.
5. Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
- The hashtag #CLINTRIALS will be promoted via our @ClinTrials365 handle during the event across social media so that participants, as well as those unable to attend the event, can join the conversation, discuss key learnings and more.
- Video interviews from Clinical Trials Europe TV recorded live at the event will be uploaded to the KNect365 Life Sciences YouTube Page.