COVID-19 Travel and Entry Requirements
This page outlines the current UK and SWISS guidance on travelling to Switzerland from the UK.
This page was updated on the 7th of September 2021.
Please ensure you are keeping up to date on the current guidance and travel restrictions from your destination country.
UK Government – Foreign Travel Advice, Switzerland
For full guidance please click here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements
The current rules for people travelling on a ‘full British Citizen’ passport:
- You are eligible to enter Switzerland for any travel purposes if you are fully vaccinated and can show adequate proof
- If you ARE NOT fully vaccinated, you are only able to enter Switzerland from the UK if you are:
- Swiss or Liechtenstein nationals;
- EU or EFTA nationals;
- holders of the following documents:
- a residence permit, i.e. a Swiss residence permit (L / B / C / Ci permits);
- a cross-border permit (G permit);
- an FDFA legitimation card;
- a D visa issued by Switzerland;
- holders of a ‘laissez passer’ issued by the Swiss Embassy in situations of special necessity
- Those eligible to enter Switzerland DO NOT have to quarantine on arrival, as long as they provide a negative PCR test.
- In addition to entry requirements, all travellers must provide EITHER:
- Proof of vaccination
- Proof of recovery in the last 6 months
- Negative COVID-19 test prior to departure
- Negative PCR tests (not older than 72 hours)
- Rapid antigen test (not older than 48 hours)
Switzerland Federal Office of Public Health FOPH
For full guidance please click here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-1675462321
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
- You will be exempt from health-related measures at Swiss border if you have been vaccinated with 1 of the following vaccines:
- Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
- Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
- AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ Covishield™)
- Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
- Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
- Sinovac (CoronaVac)
- Entering with the EU certificate:
- The “EU Digital COVID Certificate” of the EU is also recognised in Switzerland. You can thus enter Switzerland with the certificate.
- You must fill out an entry form before you enter Switzerland if you are travelling via airplane.
- Entry form available here: https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular
- You will be required to provide the QR code which is emailed you on completion of the form when you enter Switzerland
For those not fully vaccinated
- If you are not fully vaccinated OR cannot prove that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months, you must provide proof of a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) or rapid antigen test (not older than 48 hours)
After entering Switzerland