Compliance is key for shipowners and operators and this webinar will help them:
- Understand how regulators and port state control are managing monitoring and compliance
- Learn about the impact of the pandemic on developing regulations and timelines for reducing shipping’s carbon footprint
- Use the information to assist in business planning and current operations
This essential briefing will bring you up to date on the latest thinking at IMO and the MCA on management of environmental regulation and compliance during this unprecedented disruption to business, trade and normal life.
- An update on the regulatory situation before the pandemic and what is happening now
- What are the consequences for technical and operational measures as a result of the postponed IMO meetings including MEPC 75?
- Experience of enforcing IMO 2020 since 1 January 2020
- Changes due to the COVID 19 crisis: what is happening with ship inspections?
- Consequences of delay in returning to normal business for compliance and enforcement
- Jan Otto De Kat (Director, Market Sector, ABS)
- Roel Hoenders (Acting Head of Air Pollution and Energy Efficiency, Marine Environment Division, IMO)
- Prasad Panicker (Head of Inspection Operations, Maritime & Coastguard Agency)