27-29 October 2020
Exploring the latest in operations, design and technology for shipping in the Arctic
How to effectively navigate through ice covered waters
A 2-day conference dedicated to the latest regulatory and technological developments for the Arctic region.
The numbers that matter
Agenda highlights for 2019
Hear from commercial operators on the challenges and realities of Arctic shipping
- Leading Arctic operators discuss the 2018 and 2019 seasons and assess what were the lessons learned?
- What was the impact of ice conditions, icebreaker availability, weather and unexpected events?
- How do operators assess the risk factors?
What are the future drivers for resource activity in the North?
- Analysis of current resource projects and prospects for the future
- An update on progress with the new port at Iqaluit
- Hear about a potential revival in Arctic offshore operations
Focus on environmental risks in the Arctic
- Understand how the changing ice conditions impact on the types of ship traffic entering the Arctic
- Discuss the rapid increase in expedition cruise tourism and community initiatives to mitigate risk
- Debate the impact of IMO 2020 on the market and the potential for future fuel alternatives for Arctic shipping
Ice charting, forecasting and route planning
- Discover how to develop strategic technology for ship routing through ice covered waters
- Understand and manage the increase in big data in ice charting and forecasting
- Focus on increased awareness of management of ship entry passage into sensitive areas
Simultaneous focus tracks for in-depth analysis
- Emissions management, fuel options and ship design for ice-going vessels
- Arctic cruise tourism and environmental concerns
Post-conference seminar: Effective control and management of ships in ice-covered waters
Attend this one-day post conference seminar to assess the requirements for navigating ships in ice including risk assessment and voyage preparation, interpreting ice information, identifying ice hazards, managing ice accretion and more.
The 2019 speaker panel will feature experts including:
Don't just take our word for it
"A great combination of speakers with different views and approaches. Everything was taken into account and it was a pleasure to sit in the audience"
S Ihalainen, FORESHIP
"Excellent event from all standpoints (speakers, topics, venue, lunches and snacks, exhibitioners, logistic assistance on site, etc...)"
A Saheb-Ettaba, JUSTICE CANADA
"An excellent event with a great opportunity for learning and networking"
I Kubat, NRC
Business development opportunities
Raise your company's profile in the market and create greater awareness of your brand. Tell us what you want to achieve and we'll help you get there.
Contact Robin Rudolph today on +44 (0) 20 337 73236 or at email@example.com to find out more.