Arctic Shipping Forum North America
How to effectively navigate through ice-covered waters
Commercial operators on the challenges and realities of Arctic shipping
- Leading Arctic operators discuss the recent seasons and assess what were the lessons learned?
- What was the impact of ice conditions, icebreaker availability, weather and unexpected events?
- How operators assess the risk factors
Management of environmental risks in the Arctic
- How the changing ice conditions impact on the types of ship traffic entering the Arctic
- The risks for oil/chemical spills and how to manage effective responses
- The potential for future fuel alternatives for Arctic shipping and the impact of a possible HFO ban
Ice charting, forecasting and route planning
- How to develop strategic technology for ship routing through ice covered waters
- The increase in big data in ice charting and forecasting
- Focus on increased awareness of management of ship entry passage into sensitive areas
Forum in numbers
Arctic shipping professionals
2019 expert speaker line-up included
Don't just take our word for it
"A great combination of speakers with different views and approaches. Everything was taken into account and it was a pleasure to sit in the audience"
S Ihalainen, FORESHIP
"Excellent event from all standpoints (speakers, topics, venue, lunches and snacks, exhibitioners, logistic assistance on site, etc...)"
A Saheb-Ettaba, JUSTICE CANADA
"An excellent event with a great opportunity for learning and networking"
I Kubat, NRC