Keld QvistgaardClient Relations Manager/Senior Ice Advisor, Greenland Ice Service at Danish Meteorological Institute
1992 - Present DMI – Greenland Ice Service
2000-2014 Chief of Ice Operations
- Responsible for the data flow, quality control of the DMI ice products and for training and certification of new ice analysts.
- Senior ice advisor and responsible for operational planning and provision of on-site ice charting services for Greenland and for AGIP KCO (North Caspian Sea) 2005-2009 (onsite)
2015-2016 Head of ice services (government, commercial users)
2017- Senior Ice Advisor and Client Relations Manager
- Responsible for implementation of high resolution satellite data in routine ice services
- Leading commercial programs on high resolution customized services to cruise ships in Greenland waters.
- Close coordination with ESA on Sentinel 1 programming strategy to EC Copernicus
Ice Advisor including numerous aerial and shipbased campaigns for Royal Arctic Line, Danish Coast Guard and commercial clients. Has provided onboard ice advisory for coast Guard vessels in high Arctic waters (Greenland Waters up to 81N) Has participated in numerous reconnaissance flights both by helicopter and fixed wing airplane based at Ice Patrol Narsarsuaq, Greenland.
• Expertise in operational handling and interpretation of high resolution satellite images, both SAR and non-SAR in high resolution
• Expertise in Greenland/Arctic/Antarctic sea ice & icebergs.
• One of the founders of the International Ice Charting Working Group
• Member of the JCOMM Expert Team on Sea Ice.