Championing sustainability at the Calgary Real Estate Forum
At the Calgary Real Estate Forum, we are committed to running events that are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. Here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
Faster Forward with Informa
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
How are we building a sustainable event?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want the Calgary Real Estate Forum to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically.
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility.
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts.
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities.
The Calgary Real Estate Forum will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Encouraging attendees to bring reusable water bottles to fill from hydration stations provided at the event.
- Providing some reusable water bottles for those who forget.
- Decomposable name badge holders and recycling lanyards.
- Creating less waste by reducing printed programs and offering reusable giveaways.
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event.
Our aim for the Calgary Real Estate Forum is to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability initiatives of the real estate market.
- Close partnership with SustainableBIZ.com – Canada’s leading edge media on sustainability.
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including ESG, sustainability, impact investing, diversity & inclusion, gender balance, & more...