Martyn JenkinsManaging Director at Enkom Consulting
Martyn established Enkom in 2011 to provide business and cost management services to the UK / International energy sector, with particular focus on the nuclear sector.
He has advised numerous energy clients including Sellafield, NuGen, Magnox, EDF Energy, Mitsubishi, the NDA and various contracting companies on cost and commercial matters.
Current and previous recent roles include;
- Member of an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) team of international experts reviewing at decommissioning costs, risks and programmes, specifically, a mission to review the nuclear power plants requested by the Government of Italy / SOGIN.
- Part of a strategic facilitation team providing support to Sellafield Limited on cost estimation for the delivering remediation projects under an innovative financial model.
- Led an Independent Assurance team reviewing the Decommissioning Waste Management Plan, part of the NuGeneration Limited new build nuclear power plant at Moorside in Cumbria.
- Previously Magnox Head of Cost for over 8 years responsible for cost management and commercial practices, improving cost capture & management systems and developing cost norms.
- Finally, a member of the Welsh Nuclear Forum Steering Group, a leading pan-Wales forum, which provides a platform for strategic engagement between the nuclear industry and Welsh-based suppliers.
In addition to his consultancy roles, he has written and contributed to articles on Cost Management and Reducing Risks / Uncertainty on decommissioning portfolios published in international publications.