Systemic racism, sexism, ableism, and other forms of discrimination create disparities in healthcare, education, career opportunities, as well as innumerable other areas of modern life. While there are no quick fixes for these issues, the biotech and pharmaceutical industries have a major opportunity in addressing these societal challenges in a meaningful way, and gaining considerable benefits as a result.
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) challenges in biotech and pharma
In this ebook, we reveal the biggest diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) issues uncovered by biotech and pharma professionals around the world, and what action is currently being done to address them. We also explore innovative ideas from leading experts around the industry on how to drive tangible change within businesses, wider networks and patient communities.
We focus on five key DEI actions for biopharma professionals:
- Acknowledging that there are problems that need to be addressed
- Proactively engaging with marginalized communities to build diverse workforces
- Advocating for and creating a pipeline for women and people of color in leadership positions
- Investing in historically marginalized communities, specifically in entrepreneurship, disease areas affecting these communities, and access to resources
- Improving guidelines for clinical trials for greater representation within patient populations
Explore or download the interactive eBook by clicking on the image above or here.