Championing Sustainability at FEI
At FEI: Front End of Innovation, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From the innovative ways we interact onsite to the radical changes in the way we build our exhibition - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
See more info about the Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport’s commitment to sustainability here.
Have any dietary restrictions or accessibility needs? Contact Lauren De Falco at Lauren.DeFalco@informa.com
Supporting Our Sponsors and Exhibitors
More than 80% of our attendees tell us that they care that our events are run in a responsible manner. That's why we're working more closely than ever with our sponsors and exhibitors to ensure we all commit to doing the right thing for our customers, colleagues, and the communities we serve.
Every exhibiting sponsor is provided with a 10 point checklist to help plan their presence at the event including information on donating to local and industry charities and how to engage with attendees on their stands without prize giveaways or hard copy flyers/leaflets/brochures being handed out. Instead, delegates can use the digital show bag download information from our partners and sponsors.
We are proud to deliver you sustainable events through several new initiatives already underway.
Digital Event Guides
Our event guides and agendas are delivered in all-digital formats, significantly reducing use of paper products during the live event. During the live event, we post QR codes throughout the venue for immediate access to the digital agenda on their mobile devices.
Lanyards & Name Tags
At FEI, we use a TerraCycle Zero-Waste Box to recycle all lanyards and nametags after the event.
A ‘Better Stands’ Approach
We are committed to the evolution of the exhibitions industry while ensuring that we are delivering the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that by moving away from the use of disposable exhibition booths and similar products, that we will improve the ease, quality, safety and sustainability of the exhibitor experience at our events. We aim to further minimize exhibition waste by removing carpet in aisles, using digital signage options as much as possible, and using eco cardboard when necessary. Finally, we encourage our exhibitors to minimize hand outs by utilizing our digital show bag technology.
In addition to ensuring that our venues use energy-efficient lighting, for the first time at FEI 2023, our event also will be fully powered by Renewable Energy.
Diversity & Inclusion
For FEI to remain relevant for the next generation of leaders, we must push diversity hard at every turn, changing established thinking. And giving access to opportunities where you can learn more about each other and topics that drive change is our goal. Everything we do goes towards creating the ultimate experience: making a safe, inclusive space for people to gather and celebrate together. FEI is the place to discover, celebrate and belong.
How Are We Building a Sustainable Event
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want FEI to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
FEI will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for FEI to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the bioprocessing industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more..
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is FEI's approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
DOWNLOAD THE NEW CONNECTME APP FOR YOUR PREMIUM EVENT EXPERIENCE
About a week before you arrive in Boston, grab your mobile device and download the New ConnectMe App to unlock these exclusive FEI benefits:
- Access the latest agenda, live polling, speaker Q&A and Room Radar to see who else is sitting in the room with you
- See who else is attending, create connections, book meetings, chat and video call
- Interact with exhibitors and add content into your personal digital bag