Renewable funds have become increasingly mainstream in the energy sector as we continue to ride the wave of transition to a low carbon future. The rise of climate-friendly investments have brought more competition into this sector, and investors are having to be diligent in the strategies they choose to secure returns.
In the first of our two sessions, our panellists team up and debate on whether specialists or diversified managers are more likely to succeed in renewables. The second of our two session takes a deep dive into renewable debt funds and provides valuable insight into the state of the market.
Specialist vs. diversified managers - who is best placed to win at renewables?
Separated into the blue corner for diversified managers, and the green corner for specialist managers, watch the session as our panellists team up and debate on which type of managers have the upper hand when it comes to renewable investments.
Blue corner (diversified):
- Raj Rao, Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Harsh Agrawal, Partner, I Squared Capital
Green corner (specialist):
- Lucy Heintz, Partner, Actis
- Steen Lønberg Jørgensen, Partner, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP)
Moderated by Yves Meyer Buelow, Managing Director, Head of Infra Funds & Co-investment, Allianz Capital Partners.
Renewable debt funds 101: what you need to know
What's the state of the renewable debt fund market? Are institutional lenders or banks better for renewables? And how would the macro trend of ESG and "turning to green" impact the renewable sector?
Here to answer the questions are:
- Jérôme Neyroud, Head of Infrastructure Debt & Deputy CEO, Schroder AIDA, Schroders
- Severin Hiller, Co Head of Infrastructure Debt, Rivage Investment
- Tim Cable, Senior Partner, Vantage Infrastructure
- Torsten Heidemann, Head of Infrastructure & Energy, Berenberg
Interested in finding out more about the European market? Join us at SuperTechnology Europe Virtual, SuperInvestor, or SuperReturn International later this year. Head to the websites and find out more!