With the spread of COVID-19, the future is probably more uncertain now than at any point in recent memory. However, as we enter a new decade, as well as uncertainty, the next ten years present huge opportunities for the pharma, biotech, medical device and regulatory industries. What changes will we see in emerging therapies and technologies and who will be driving that change?
Informa Connect Life Sciences conducted a huge survey (April 2020) asking life sciences professionals from the pharma, biotech, medical device and regulatory industries around the world how the industry will look by 2030. The results of the 432 responses, presented in this report, reveal unique insights into where those most central to the industry think the biggest opportunities and challenges lie in the global pharma and biotech industry.
Explore or download the report above (or click here).
- 44% of respondents' believe China will see the fastest growth in the life sciences industry in the next 10 years.
- 29% think that gene therapies is the therapeutic area that will see the fastest growth in the next 10 years.
- 46% think cost of drug development or drug pricing/ reimbursement is the biggest challenge facing life sciences in the next 10 years.
- Half of respondents think oncology is the area treatment will most improve in the next 10 years.
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning is considered to be the technology that will have the biggest impact in the next 10 years.