CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT Packaging Waste & Sustainability Forum
We’re committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. Here’s a breakdown of how we’re embedding sustainability in everything we do….
We are proud to deliver you a sustainable event by launching several new initiatives noted below.
Digital Event Guide
Our event guide will be delivered in a 100% digital format this year via the conference mobile app, significantly reducing our usage of paper products during the live experience.
We have removed single use plastic bottles from the event and replaced these with a sustainable hydration station.
Drinking enough water is an essential part of maintaining good health, concentration and increasing energy levels. As part of our health & wellness water hydration stations will be placed in high traffic, accessible areas around the venue.
Boost your energy levels for the day with a morning fun run! Exercise provides a whole range of health benefits from maintaining weight, improving sleep and increasing focus throughout the day!
As a part of our continued commitment to our events sustainability we have switched the events electricity usage to being from renewable sources, therefore significantly reducing the events carbon footprint.
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want the Packaging Waste & Sustainability Forum to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
The Packaging Waste & Sustainability Forum will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for the Packaging Waste & Sustainability Forum to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the bioprocessing industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more..
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>