As the field of antibody engineering and therapeutics has been expanding, so have modalities and targets inside and outside of oncology.
In the last year, COVID-19 also created a global demand for drug development. However, there are still gaps to be filled in technology for antibody-based drug discovery, as well as understanding around novel targets.
In April 2021, we conducted a global survey of professionals across the industry to find out where activities have shifted, and which struggles remain. This final report reveals unique insights into the current and future trends in antibody-based therapeutic development, such as emerging technologies and projects relating to COVID-19.
Read or download the report here or by clicking on the image below.
- 42% of respondents say that novel targets for antibodies is the most important area of development to them.
- Antibody drug discovery processes are rated the biggest challenge in antibody engineering and therapeutic R&D.
- 41% of the respondents believe that combination antibody mediated immunotherapy is the most exciting emerging trend in antibody engineering and therapeutics.
- 55% of the respondents are carrying out work related to COVID-19.
- 45% say animal models are the best method for obtaining therapeutic antibodies.