Shukela Plus is keeping pace with the fast-paced changes in South Africa’s sugar industry by broadening its scope to include stories which look at
- Bio-energies from sugarcane
- Diversification which includes the development of crops alongside sugarcane farming such as stevia, avocados, macadamia nuts and cannabis to name a few, and
- the proposed changes to South Africa’s Sugar Act to allow for fair division of proceeds for diverse downstream production value adds.
Shukela Plus’ experienced agricultural journalists are now looking closely at how the sugar industry will move towards:
- greener technologies,
- cost effective production and
- a lower environmental impact
The new look, glossy and high-quality magazine Shukela Plus will continue to offer the very best in industry journalism while increasing its online and social platform presence to meet the changing needs of both readers and advertisers.