Championing sustainability at SuperReturn Secondaries Europe
At SuperReturn, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From dedicated sessions on the agenda to radical changes in the way we build our exhibition - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
We are proud to deliver you a sustainable event by launching the initiatives outlined below.
Digital Event Guide
Our event guide will be delivered in a 100% digital format this year, significantly reducing our usage of paper products during the live experience. We'll have QR codes onsite that attendees can easily scan with their smartphone to pull up the agenda on their mobile devices.
Eliminate Other Printed Materials
No physical mail promotional material referring to the conference
Use of digital signage wherever possible
Food and Beverage
Significant efforts are made to reduce food waste by anticipating precise delegate numbers
Menus are seasonal and regional, resulting in reduction of meat overall
Chinaware and cutlery are offered whenever possible. In cases where disposables are necessary, we have switched to biodegradable materials (e.g. coffee cups)
Lanyards and Name Badges
Paper-only name badges without plastic holders are administered
Lanyards are ensured to be collected and fully recycled post-event.
Our "Better Stand" Program
Per our commitment to the evolution of the exhibition industry, we aim to ensure that we are delivering the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that by moving away from the use of disposable exhibition booths, we will improve the ease, quality, safety, and sustainability of the exhibitor experience at our events. We encourage our exhibitors to minimize handouts by utilizing our digital download QR code technology at their booths.
We will use renewable energy
We will ensure all added lighting is energy efficient
How are we building a sustainable event?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want SuperReturn Secondaries Europe to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering well-being and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
SuperReturn Secondaries Europe will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Creating less waste and discouraging giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
- Recyclable carpet and reusable stands and furniture
- zero plastic bottles and recyclable cups used in our coffee houses
- water stations to refill your re-useable bottle
Our aim is for SuperReturn Secondaries Europe to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the private capital market
- Developing close partnerships with associations and giving them a platform to promote their organisations
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, ESG, sustainability, the impact on the environment & more...
Faster Forward with Informa
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero-waste and net zero-carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same. Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
How are we going further at SuperReturn Secondaries Europe?
Supporting our sponsors and exhibitors
We're working more closely than ever with our sponsors and exhibitors to ensure we all commit to doing the right thing for our customers, colleagues, and the communities we serve.
In keeping with our sustainability aims at SuperReturn events we are asking that exhibitors do not provide giveaways at this event and we would like all of our attendees to embrace this sustainability goal with us.
Instead, SuperReturn events will provide QR codes to exhibitors that can be shown at their stands so that attendees can download materials such as white papers or brochures, or simply share their details with exhibitors. Please support our aims by downloading our exhibitors’ QR codes.