Our commitment to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible.
This event is powered by renewable electricity, helping us in our journey to Net Zero.
As a part of our continued commitment to the sustainability of our events we have switched our event’s electricity usage to be from renewable sources, therefore making our electricity usage carbon neutral and significantly reducing our events carbon footprint.
HOW ARE WE GOING FURTHER?
World-class content on Sustainability & Competition Policy
Our Sustainability & Competition Policy session, taking place on Day 1 of the Main Conference will offer guidance on one of the most pressing topics of competition law for corporates, helping you create a competition law-compliant sustainability & ESG strategy as well as engage in the wider debate around the role of competition law for creating a better world.
More sustainable event delivery
We are minimising the use of printed documents at the event with delegate packs being available digitally through the conference app, making document packs not only more environmentally friendly but also easier to store and use after the event.
Working closely with the event venue
We are working closely with our event venue, Le Plaza Hotel to ensure that we make the most environmentally friendly choices at the venue.
Le Plaza is committed to developing a strong environmental policy. In keeping with this approach they have earned the label “Green Key” for ecological tourism and the Eco Dynamic Company label awarded by Environment Brussels.
More sustainable travel to the event
Attending Sustainability & ESG in Taxation Summit allows you to consolidate your travel requirements by providing the opportunity to meet everyone you need to, in one place.
We are encouraging our colleagues, speakers and delegates to choose more environmentally friendly travel options. Travel across Europe by train has never been easier so please do check Rail Europe and Eurostar for the best options.
Informa's Sustainability Highlights & Recognition
Our sustainability strategy and performance is regularly evaluated by various independent research agencies, analysts and partners.
- 5,500 colleagues received Data Driven Green Belt Certification
- 32% of candidates told us they were greatly influenced by our sustainability programme when applying for a job at Informa (2022 survey of 138,000 applicants)
- 94% of paper certified as sustainably sourced
- 5 of our major offices have a green certification (BREEAM or LEED)
- 700 pieces of furniture donated to charity
- 100+ laptops donated to organisations such as the Reading Ukrainian School, which is attended by children that have fled the war
Informa’s 2022 ESG Ranking:
- MSCI: AA (Leader)
- Sustainanalytics: 9.3 (Negligible Risk)
- ISS ESG: 90% (industry percentile)
- Dow Jones: 100% (industry percentile)
- S&P Sustainability Award: Top 10%
- CDP: A-
FasterForward to Zero
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business. A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025