CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT TIDES EUROPE
At TIDES Europe, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From the innovative ways we interact onsite to the radical changes in the way we build our exhibition - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
We are proud to deliver you a sustainable event by launching several new initiatives noted below.
Visit this website to view sustainable routes to the event and the venues facilities https://www.rai.nl/bereikbaarheid/
This event will be carbon offset.
This event is powered by Renewable Electricity
Lanyards & Name Tags
Lanyards made from recycled bamboo.
Badges made from recycled paper
Thanks to our Terracycle Zero Waste boxes, all lanyards and badges will be recycled.
Good Cause Donation Room
This year, exhibitors will be able to donate unwanted items to the donation room which will be distributed to various social initatives in the Amsterdam region. Social initiatives connected to the Good Cause Donation Programme include:
For more information, please check the Exhibitor Manual for details on what can be donated and when.
Fully digital: no more paper onsite for agendas.
Food and Beverage
We will be supplying vegan and vegetarian options
TIDES Europe Workout Class
Join the TIDES Europe Attendee Workout Class on Tuesday 31st October from 6:30 - 7AM outside the Elicium at the RAI!
CarbonNeutral® Event Certification
CarbonNeutral® Event Certification is a designation that demonstrates our event has achieved carbon neutrality in line with the CarbonNeutral Protocol. This certification is administered by Climate Impact Partners, and is a global standard managed for over 20 years to deliver clean, conclusive, and transparent carbon neutral programs. The carbon footprint of our events are verified by a third-party company, Bureau Veritas. This initiative is part of the FasterForward - Faster to Zero commitment to becoming completely carbon neutral as a business by 2025 by our parent company, Informa.
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want TIDES Europe to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
TIDES Europe will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for TIDES Europe to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the bioprocessing industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more..
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is TIDES Europe's approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>