CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT TIDES EUROPE
At TIDES Europe, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From the innovative ways we interact onsite to the radical changes in the way we build our exhibition - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
Sustainability Topics at TIDES Europe
An RNA Therapeutics Case Study: Discovering RNA Therapeutics with Abzu’s Explainable AI
An RNA Therapeutics Case Study: Discovering RNA Therapeutics with Abzu’s Explainable AI Lykke Pedersen, Ph.D., Senior Bioinformatician, Abzu | Nov. 15 @ 17:15
How Honeywell is Meeting the Need For Sustainable and Cost-Effective Solvent and Reagent Technology
Marybeth Soutar, Senior Project Manager, BioSyn Reagents and Solvents, Honeywell | Nov. 16 @ 13:25
Refractive Index: The Ultimate Tool for Real-Time Monitoring of Solid-Phase Peptide Synthesis. Greening the Process
Beatriz de la Torre, Ph.D., Research Professor, Laboratory of Medicine and Medical Sciences, University of KwaZulu-Natal | Nov. 16 @ 14:30
Large Scale Peptide Manufacturing: Optimal Design of the Manufacturing Infrastructure
Olivier Ludemann-Hombourger, Ph.D., Director, Global Innovation and Technology, Polypeptide Group, France | Nov. 16 @ 15:00
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want TIDES Europe to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
BPI will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for TIDES Europe to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the oligonucleotide and peptide industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more..
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is TIDES Europe's approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>