Appleby's highly regarded Private Client & Trusts group provides trust and foundation services to high net worth individuals, families, and fiduciary companies. We advise on all aspects of trust law, including the establishment, administration restructuring and termination of private, charitable, purpose commercial trusts and foundations. Members of our team act in a personal capacity as Protector, Enforcer and Director (of PTCs) for a number of discretionary trusts and is frequently instructed by blue-chip trust institutions.
For individuals, families and their advisers, we:
- Offer counsel on international estate planning needs
- Help with difficult decisions when administering trusts
- Assist in creating a family’s own trust company that, as a result, can build family unity, empower future generations, and bring efficiency to the administration of family trusts
For businesses, we:
- Offer advice on the formation and administration of trusts and foundations for private wealth purposes
- Offer advice on the formation and administration of commercial trusts and foundations, including those in connection with leasing and structured finance transactions
Appleby has thriving and growing Private Client & Trust practices in some of the most well regulated and highly regarded offshore jurisdictions for the creation of trust structures, including in Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Mauritius and the Seychelles.
As wealth planning becomes increasingly global, Appleby’s Private Client & Trusts group has developed its services to offer clients choice, flexibility and practical solutions. Our lawyers regularly advise clients on achieving the most effective solution to fit their objectives, including guiding them to the most suitable jurisdiction. The Private Client & Trusts group also works closely with lawyers from our other practice areas as required, including dispute resolution for all contentious aspects of trust work.