Erin Trimble-CregeenCounsel at ApplebySpeaker
Erin practises a broad range of commercial litigation working in Appleby’s Dispute Resolution teams in the Isle of Man and Jersey. Having trained and qualified in the Isle of Man, Erin joined Appleby in October 2015 after gaining several years’ experience at a leading offshore firm in Guernsey.
She specialises in trust disputes and general trust advisory work including advising trustees and beneficiaries on a wide range of contentious trust and estates issues and regularly presents to trust service providers on the obligations of trustees. She also undertakes commercial litigation work including insolvency matters and advising regarding restraint orders in the Isle of Man under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2008.
Some recent examples of representative work include:
- advising trustees in respect of potential disputes with beneficiaries;
- advising trustees and beneficiaries in applications for rectification and/or rescission on the grounds of mistake;
- advising beneficiaries in an application for a variation of trusts under the Variation of Trusts Act 1961;
- advising trustees and executors in relation to applications to the Court for directions;
- advising executors and administrators in relation to the contentious aspects of the administration of estates.