Main Conference: 22 & 23 November 2022
Digital Economy Focus Day: 21 November 2022
Hotel Le Plaza,
At Advanced EU Competition Law, Brussels we are committed to running an event which is both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible.
HOW ARE WE GOING FURTHER?
World-class content on sustainability, ESG & competition law
Our Sustainability, ESG & Competition Law session, taking place on Day 1 of the Main Conference will offer guidance on one of the most pressing topics of competition law for corporates, helping you create a competition law compliant sustainability & ESG strategy as well as engage in the wider debate around the role of competition law for creating a better world.
Supporting the competition law community impacted by the war in Ukraine
To support the wider competition law community, we are offering free in-person or on-demand tickets to professionals previously or currently based in the Ukraine.
Please email email@example.com
More sustainable event delivery
We are minimising the use of printed documents at the event with delegate packs being available through QR codes during the conference and sent to the delegates by email after the event, making document packs not only more environmentally friendly but also easier to store and use after the event.
Supporting our sponsors and exhibitors
We're working more closely than ever with our sponsors and exhibitors to ensure we all commit to doing the right thing for our customers, colleagues, and the communities we serve.
Every exhibiting sponsor is provided with a 10 point checklist to help plan their presence at the event on how to engage with attendees on their stands without prize giveaways or hard copy flyers/leaflets/brochures being handed out. Instead, delegates can scan QR codes and download information from our partners and sponsors.
Working closely with the event venue
We are working closely with our event venue, Le Plaza Hotel to ensure that we make the most environmentally friendly choices at the venue.
Le Plaza is committed to developing a strong environmental policy. In keeping with this approach they have earned the label “Green Key” for ecological tourism and the Eco Dynamic Company label awarded by Environment Brussels.
Encouraging more sustainable travel to the event
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want Advanced EU Competition Law, Brussels to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
Advanced EU Competition Law, Brussels will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Creating less waste and discouraging giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the investment management market
- Developing close partnerships with charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more...
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025