New AG Academy’s highly interactive 3-day course explores key scientific and regulatory developments currently influencing agrochemical formulation strategies and will act as a broad introduction to the area.
Through a combination of theory and practical exercises, you will examine current industry trends and navigate EU & US regulatory requirements for compliant formulations. You will assess the advantages and disadvantages of specific formulation strategies from initial development through to manufacturing and application of the final product.
What will you learn?
Understand how to develop a formulation and provide the supporting data needed for submissions
Evaluate the impact of changed EU regulations
Get to grips with “newer” formulation types
Assess the driving force behind greener formulations, explore the different forms of biopesticides and assess their challenges to the formulator
Analytical and Test Methods
Get an overview of analytical and test methods used to support the stated claims of the formulation
Scale up & Manufacturing
Study key considerations for scale up & manufacturing
Investigate the various application types and their impact on formulation choice
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to gain a broad overview of trends and procedures in agrochemical formulations including:
- Those new to agrochemical formulation or wishing to update their knowledge on formulation strategies
- Those moving into formulation from other areas within agrochemicals
- Those in other areas of the agrochemical industry such as Regulatory Affairs, Research, Development or
- Manufacturing who would find knowledge of formulation strategies useful for their role
At the end of this course, delegates will have a good understanding of:
- How formulation contributes value in the formulation market and how formulations are influenced by industry drivers and trends
- How the different liquid and solid formulation types are made and what ingredients are used as well as what science underpins these products
- How the regulatory landscape impacts on the development and commercialisation of agrochemicals
- The process of formulation R&D as well as the main characterisation and testing methods used for formulations
- The basics of how biopesticides are formulated
- Why and how products may be reformulated
- Stability and instability of agrochemical formulations
- Scale-up and manufacture of agrochemical formulations
- How agrochemical formulations are applied
- The use of adjuvants to enhance the performance of agrochemical formulations
An Introduction to Agrochemical Formulation Strategies Digital Experience
Our best-in-class ConnectMe digital event platform makes it easier than ever for you to access today's leading science, technologies and networking opportunities within the regulatory landscape of Agrochemical Formulation.
Engaging in Continuing Professional Development ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become out-dated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’ themselves, regardless of occupation, age or educational level. This course has been assessed and is CPD certified.