2023 Information Coming Soon!
CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT ANTIBODY ENGINEERING & THERAPEUTICS EUROPE
At Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From the innovative ways we interact onsite to the radical changes in the way we build our exhibit halls - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
We are proud to deliver you a sustainable event by launching several new initiatives noted below.
Digital Event Guide
Our event guide will be delivered in a 100% digital format this year, significantly reducing our usage of paper products during the live experience. We'll have QR codes onsite that attendees can easily scan with their smartphone to pull up the agenda on their mobile devices.
Venue: The Green Key Certificate
The Green Key is the international certification for sustainability and CSR (corporate social responsibility) in the tourism, recreational, meeting and convention location sector (https://www.greenkey.nl/). In the Netherlands, there is a Bronze, Silver, Gold status and the Postillion hotel and convention centre is a Gold venue.
Food & Beverage
Wherever possible, all food will be local, organic, and eco-friendly produce/ingredients.
Brain Power Food Menu
Health and wellness is at the heart of knowledge and learning. To help encourage healthy eating we will be providing a 'Brain Power' food menu during all coffee breaks.
The venue uses energy efficient light bulbs (LEDs only and T5 lighting) and also measure & analyse their monthly consumption of gas, electricity and water usage.
The venue works to increase biodiversity in the local green areas around the hotel by collaborating with their landscapers.
Global Learning Scholarship Program
Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe is proud to participate in the Global Learning Scholarship Program (GLSP), providing opportunities for scientists, researchers, pharmaceutical, and medical device professionals from low- and middle-income countries to access the latest ideas, science, technology and partnerships to make a positive impact on fighting global disease.
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering well-being and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the antibody industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more..
2023 Information Coming Soon!
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION AT ANTIBODY ENGINEERING & THERAPEUTICS EUROPE
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe's approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>