7-8 April 2020
Biofouling Management & Prevention Seminar
Lloyd's Maritime Academy presents a 2 day seminar to discuss the next steps for invasive species and biofouling control, share best practice and explore the latest solutions.
WHAT EXPECT THIS APRIL
Unlimited networking opportunities
- Taking place at the IMO HQ shortly after The Marine Environment Protection Committee, bringing together all the key stakeholders, domestic and international regulators, academia and R&D professionals, technology innovators, shipowners and ship managers.
- 2 full days of discussion and networking with new and existing connections
2020 agenda highlights
- An update and review of IMO’s biofouling guidelines
- BIMCO’s in-water cleaning standard for ships
- GEF-UNDP-IMO GloFouling Partnerships project
- Vessel-Check- the global solution to IMS risk mitigation via shipping
- Technology innovations: Preparing for an environmentally friendly future
- Towards harmonised industry: The value of forming a working team integrated by professionals from different technical areas
Regulatory updates and technology innovation
- This event brings together the leading regulators, researchers and scientists to exchange best practices and research results on all aspects of biofouling
- Hear from leading policy experts on regulatory updates, learn about innovative technologies and discuss with your peers what are the next step for the environmentally friendly future.
- Global perspectives from Australia, New Zealand and California on managing biofouling requirements in international seas
2020 EARLY SPEAKER LINE-UP
Senior Environmental Scientist (Supervisory), Marine Invasive Species Program
California State Lands Commission
Professor of Oceanography and Ocean Engineering and Director of the Center for Corrosion and Biofouling Control
Florida Institute of Technology
Dr. Dave Abdo
Senior Scientist - Aquatic Pest Biosecurity at DPIRD
Biosecurity Directorate, Sustainability & Biosecurity
Dr. Peter Stoutjesdjik
Director| Marine and Aquatic Biosecurity Section|Animal Biosecurity Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment Australia
Are the biofouling guidelines sufficient in their current form?
Theofanis Karayannis is the Head of Marine Biosafety at the International Maritime Organization. Maritime Informa Connect caught up with him at the BWMTech conference in London to discuss the upcoming review of the IMO’s biofouling guidelines, and the potential for a mandatory regulatory instrument on biofouling post-2020.
Build your brand awareness with sponsorship and exhibition
We are happy to work closely with you to create bespoke packages which take into account your current marketing strategies and budgets. If you’d like to get involved in one of our events we can offer a range of ideas which highlight your expertise.
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399