Key themes from the 2020 agenda
Securing quality feedstock supply
Rethink feedstock supply and assess the sustainability credentials of different sources of biomass. Discover how to unlock each source’s potential for biogas production, and discuss prices, technical challenges and regulations.
Harmonising the regulatory framework
Examine legislative differences at the European and national levels. Assess the role of biogas in ensuring compliance with the Renewable Energy Directive, and how the fuel fits into the new decarbonisation package. Would creating a homogenous regulatory framework help to foster collaboration and boost biogas consumption?
Developing successful biogas markets
Learn from Europe’s more mature biogas markets and how they are working to decarbonise their gas networks. How do these different countries see biogas development progressing now and in the future?
Emerging biomethane markets: transport focus
How can biomethane deliver greater GHG reductions? Discuss its role in the transport sector and the blending obligation scheme, and assess the profitability of transporting biomethane in future. Is the biomethane market sufficiently well developed? What are the barriers to profitability?
Taking advantage of BioLNG & LBG
What opportunities are available for liquefied biogas (LBG) and BioLNG production and consumption? Explore the fuel’s use in the heavy transportation and shipping sectors. What does the refuelling infrastructure look like for LNG & CNG vehicles across Europe, and where is more collaboration needed?
Achieving scale through technology & policy development
Does the responsibility for scaling up biogas production lie with the natural gas industry? Gain insights on technological innovation and policy development.
Meet our speakers
What to Expect
- Our virtual platform will be your conference venue
- Gain access to live and on-demand content
- Interact with influential speakers during the live Q&A sessions
- Participate in live polls
- Chat with other attendees using our virtual networking platform and join hosted meeting rooms
- Visit sponsors at dedicated virtual spaces who will display a range of recorded material and downloadable information.
- Book one-on-one meetings with our sponsors to find out more about their services
Who should attend the Biogas Development Forum?
- Biogas project developers
- Biogas/biomethane plant owners & operators
- Utilities, power generators & energy companies
- Stakeholders in the food and beverage industry
- Feedstock suppliers
- Waste management professionals
- Financiers, insurers and legal services
- Plant & equipment manufacturers
CERTIFIED BY THE CPD CERTIFICATION SERVICE
The Biogas Development Forum is a CPD certified event. Attendees will gain 8 CPD points from attending the forum.
Attendees can request a CPD certificate after attending the event. For further information on CPD accreditation please visit: www.cpduk.co.uk
Get the latest event updates
Partner with Us
Share your vision for the industry and win over potential clients.
Save on travel expenditure and reach an international audience by sponsoring the Biogas Development Forum Virtual. You’ll also benefit from a personalised post-show report with information about how attendees interacted with your offering.