Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks
Learn the commercial, technical and operational aspects of liner shipping and maritime container logistics
Get a thorough overview of the container shipping industry including ready-to-use business strategies, information about container logistics, and shipping costs.
Certificate in Container Shipping
- Module 1 – Introduction to Container Shipping, Principles, Evolution and Trade Route
- Module 2 – Container Ship Characteristics, Terminology, Layout and Stowage Planning
- Module 3 – The Container: Types, Terminology, Management, Packing and Security
- Module 4 – Container Logistics, Supply Chain Principles, Port and Terminal Operations and Operators
- Module 5 – Container Shipping Costs, Revenue and Freight Rates
- Module 6 – Container Shipping Business, Regulations and Documentation
What you'll learn
- The global economic developments, origins and principles of containerisation, evolution of scheduled services and the emergence of container ports around the world.
- The types and characteristics of container ships that are deployed in the carriage of international maritime transport including their dimensions
- The types of container that are used in the carriage of a variety of cargo on board container vessels in international maritime transport.
- The role of container ship operations in international logistics including the evolution of ports, inland container distribution centres and ship service patterns to manage seaborne transport in the global supply chain.
- The various costs and revenue components of managing and operating scheduled container liner shipping services on a global scale.
- The business operations of container shipping companies, explaining how they manage ships through strategies such as alliances and consortia.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs