Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks
Learn the skills to manage crew welfare more effectively through mindfulness
Develop a psychologically safe working environment, improved communication standards, closed-loop communication and mutual understanding with your crew
Certificate in Crew Welfare Management
- Module 1 - Introduction to mindfulness: basic concepts, skills and practices
- Module 2 - Developing concentration power and its relationship to work-related performance
- Module 3 - Stress reduction: dealing with emotional and physical discomfort
- Module 4 - Emotional self-regulation: skillful action without getting caught up
- Module 5 - Mindful communication, non-violence and empathy
- Module 6 - Implementing and incorporating mindfulness in crew culture, integrating mindfulness into everyday life
What you'll learn
- Understanding and improvement of situational awareness
- Boosting mental health and Higher resilience
- Understanding of non-violent directive management by senior officers
- Dealing with signs of fatigue skilfully; ability to recognise and raise concern
- Maintaining good labour standards and interactions with above (MLC)
- Better communication of crew members, including multicultural crews
- More accepting attitude, leading to higher diversity and inclusion (e.g. gender, age, nationality, religion and culture related)
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Claim Your Digital Badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
Choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world.