NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND!
Scheduled: Course Starts 29 November 2023, 16 weeks
On-Demand: Start Now!
Understand the concept of ESG and its rapidly growing importance in the maritime industry
Learn how to consider Environmental, Social & Governance issues in corporate decision making, financial planning, operational performance, and reporting to investors and other stakeholders
Certificate in Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) in Shipping
- Module 1: An overview of the ESG landscape
- Module 2: The broader regulatory environment
- Module 3: Shipping ESG regulations and policy
- Module 4: Climate change and the ‘E’ in ESG
- Module 5: The Environment and Shipping: Best Practice
- Module 6: Social: The S in ESG
- Module 7: The Concept of Governance in Shipping
- Module 8: Greenwashing and the future of ESG
What you'll learn
- Why Environmental, Social & Governance criteria are now business-critical for maritime companies
- Which are the key frameworks, IMO regulations, and other ESG policy measures impacting shipping
- What are the major Environmental, Social and Governance issues facing shipping companies
- How to use shipping industry best practices to help improve your company's ESG performance
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs