Delivered by digital learning over 16 weeks
Understand the concept of ESG and its rapidly growing importance in the maritime industry
Learn how to consider Environmental, Social & Governance issues in corporate decision making, financial planning, operational performance, and reporting to investors and other stakeholders
Certificate in ESG in Shipping
- Module 1: The rapidly evolving ESG landscape
- Module 2: ESG regulations & policy for shipping
- Module 3: The broader regulatory environment
- Module 4: Climate change and the 'E' in ESG
- Module 5: The environment & shipping: best practice
- Module 6: Safety at sea and the 'S' in ESG
- Module 7: Flag States and the 'G' in ESG
- Module 8: Greenwashing and the future of ESG in the wake of COP26
What you'll learn
- Why Environmental, Social & Governance criteria are now business-critical for maritime companies
- Which are the key frameworks, IMO regulations, and other ESG policy measures impacting shipping
- What are the major Environmental, Social and Governance issues facing shipping companies
- How to use shipping industry best practices to help improve your company's ESG performance
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge