Certificate in FPSOs
- Module 1 – Offshore Exploration, Production, Field Development and Floating Production Hosts
- Module 2 – Project Development and Management, Field Options and FPSO Considerations and Contracts
- Module 3 – FPSO Design: Hull, Accommodation, Mooring, Turrets and Risers
- Module 4 – Topside Processes: Production, Storage and Export
- Module 5 – Regulatory Requirements, Safety and Environmental Issues
- Module 6 – Contractual, Economic and Risk Considerations; Field Development Case Studies
What you'll learn
- The background factors that led to the development of floating production systems
- How International agreements assign seabed and sub seabed minerals and oil rights to individual countries
- Factors that determine the design of an FPSO including location and environment
- That reservoir fluids (oil and gas), vary from field to field and this will determine the processing system requirements
- The reasons why oil and gas industry operations are risk sensitive and therefore why safety, risk and reliability engineering is crucial
- The worldwide use of FPSOs as part of a Field Development
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
In partnership with the Royal Institute of Naval Architects (RINA)
The course contributes to your CPD as recognised by the Royal Insitute of Naval Architects, and RINA members are eligible for a 10% discount.
Not a member?
Upon successful completion you can join as an Associate member (AssocRINA) with your first year of membership free.
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
"This course covers all aspects of an FPSO project, providing an overview with all other interfaces in a wider picture of a field development project. It contains an enormous amount of information, and leads the student to the right references for further details."