Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks.
Professional development in legal regulations governing operations and commercial agreements in the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors
Understand the contractual and legal regulations governing operations at each phase of the oil and gas contract law, from discovery to sale
Certificate in International Oil & Gas Contract Law
- Module 1 – Introduction to Contract Law and Background to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Module 2 – Contracting in the Upstream Sector: Ownership and Licensing
- Module 3 – Contracting in the Upstream Sector: Production Sharing Agreements and Unitisation
- Module 4 – Agreements Between Co-Ventures, Suppliers and Contractors
- Module 5 – Contracting in the Downstream Sector: Sales and Transportation of Oil and Gas
- Module 6 – Dispute Resolution in Oil and Gas Contracts
What you'll learn
- The legal rules on validity of contract
- Develop the ability to use the basic legal resources available in English law, both in the context of discussion of issues and problem solving
- Identify the fundamental legal principles applicable to oil and gas contracts
- Understand the relationships between the parties in a Production Sharing Agreement
- Understand the legal nature of contractual arrangements and the relationship between the companies that have been issued a licence to undertake oil and gas exploration and exploitation activities
- Understand the key oil and gas transportation arrangements
- Examine the concept of negotiation in oil and gas disputes
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
Get the Latest Course Updates
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs