Certificate in Marine Consultancy
- Module 1 - Marine Consultancy: An Introduction
- Module 2 - Types of Marine Consultancy
- Module 3 - Expert Witness Work
- Module 4 - Marine Accident Investigation
- Module 5 - Dealing with Lawyers
- Module 6 - Report Writing and Consultancy
- Module 7 - Business Development
- Module 8 - Financial Management and Accounting
What you'll learn
- What the role involves; what experience and expertise is required and the codes of conduct involved
- The processes involved in expert witness work and giving an opinion in the court of law
- The work of marine accident investigation and its part in the role of the marine consultant
- The interaction between lawyers and marine consultants, and how marine consultants can build an effective relationship with lawyers
- How to write an effective report for marine consultancy clients and how to give recommendations
- How a marine consultant can grow their business and market it successfully
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs