NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND!
Scheduled: Course Starts 2 May 2024, 12 weeks
On-Demand: Start Now!
An introduction to marine insurance: terminology, concepts, types of risk, laws, business, policies and claims
Enhance your understanding of the industry, including an examination of cargo insurance, Hull and Machinery insurance and other policies and how they work in practice.
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
If you have questions or you would like to talk to one of our Education Consultants, get in touch! Contact +44 (0) 20 8052 2710 for extra details.
Certificate in Marine Insurance
- Module 1 - Introduction to Marine Insurance
- Module 2 - Cargo Insurance
- Module 3 - Hull and Machinery (H&M) Insurance
- Module 4 - Additional Marine Insurance Coverage
- Module 5 - Protection and Indemnity Insurance (P&I)
- Module 6 - Reinsurance
What you'll learn
- Explore the concepts behind the marine insurance industry and the history behind its formation.
- Explain how cargo insurance works in practise, detailing the concepts, rationale and mechanisms involved in this sector of marine insurance.
- Discover the Hull and Machinery insurance sector, with a look at general average, sue and labour and total loss.
- Examine other forms of policies not explicitly included within the cargo or H&M sectors.
- Understand the role of P&I Clubs and how they are vital to understanding the marine insurance industry.
- Explore reinsurance and its application within the marine industry.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connectionFlexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you studyProfessional – industry leading course directors and tutorsQuality – study the same course used by corporations for internal trainingNetwork – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledgeSave money – no additional travel or accommodation costs