Delivered by distance learning over 12 weeks
Understand how maritime fraud can, and does, take place, and how to stop and prevent it
Learn about the common types of maritime fraud, how to identify when they are occurring, how to stop them and, ultimately, how to prevent fraud from happening in the first place
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
If you have questions or you would like to talk to one of our Education Consultants, get in touch! Contact +44 (0) 020 8052 2710 for extra details.
Certificate in Maritime Fraud
Module 1: What is Fraud, and the impact on the shipping industry
Module 2: Documentary fraud
Module 3: Halting and stopping fraud
Module 4: Recovery of losses
Module 5: STCW Certification fraud
Module 6: Non-documentary fraud and presentation of case studies to students
What you'll learn
- Explain what fraud is
- Describe the impact on the shipping and finance industries
- Identify and categorise when fraud is occurring based on documentary evidence
- Articulate the steps that can be taken to halt fraud from continuing
- Explain how to stop fraud once it has been identified and halted
- Explain the legal steps that can be taken to prevent fraud
- How recovery of the losses can be attempted
- Be able to summarise some key recent fraud cases in the industry
- Explain the legal framework across jurisdictions and international laws
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject-related issues and network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labour market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs