Delivered by distance learning over 12 weeks
Understand how maritime fraud can, and does, take place, and how to stop and prevent it
Learn about the common types of maritime fraud, how to identify when they are occurring, how to stop them and, ultimately, how to prevent fraud from happening in the first place
Certificate in Maritime Fraud
Module 1: What is Fraud, and the impact on the shipping industry
Module 2: Documentary fraud
Module 3: Halting and stopping fraud
Module 4: Recovery of losses
Module 5: STCW Certification fraud
Module 6: Non-documentary fraud and presentation of case studies to students
What you'll learn
- Explain what fraud is
- Describe the impact on the shipping and finance industries
- Identify and categorise when fraud is occurring based on documentary evidence
- Articulate the steps that can be taken to halt fraud from continuing
- Explain how to stop fraud once it has been identified and halted
- Explain the legal steps that can be taken to prevent fraud
- How recovery of the losses can be attempted
- Be able to summarise some key recent fraud cases in the industry
- Explain the legal framework across jurisdictions and international laws
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject-related issues and network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labour market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry-leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge