Transport security is a vast area - from the safety of the basic infrastructure of ports, terminals and harbours, to the safety of the shipping company, the ship and its systems, and the crew. It is increasingly vital that all involved in the industry are aware not only of the basics of transport security, but also the latest dangers, the regulatory issues, and the methods of dealing with risk.
This 16-week course, helps you to understand the threats to maritime transport, issues in maritime infrastructure issues and current weapons and explosive platforms. It also teaches how to spot maritime crimes such as freight and cargo theft, container issues and passenger safety; how to assess and manage maritime risks, applying defence-in-depth on different stages: prevention, detection, response and investigation; and how to manage crisis and plan business continuity.
- Port managers, terminal managers, and harbour masters
- Shipboard personnel, ship owners, fleet managers, commercial managers and office staff
- Head of Security / Head of Safety ashore
- Armed response teams and officers
- Marine insurers, risk managers, crisis management professionals, and consultants
- New entrants to the maritime security industry, including those from a security background who require more information on maritime logistics
Log into your existing or create an Informa Connect account to download the latest course prospectus.
Once logged in, you will have unrestricted access to all Lloyd's Maritime Academy content
(across the entire course portfolio).