Sign up for Chartered Financial Management Course
Understand the critical factors and risk variables in credit decision-making as a financial manager
This course is based around the discipline and concepts of financial management. Financial management is all-encompassing and embraces both the asset and liability sides of an organisation. Although Financial Managers are at senior positions and on par with the CFO and Treasurer, they are not engaged in accounting functions nor that of auditing.
However, he/she is integrally involved in most aspects of deriving the net income. Responsibilities ranging from asset/ liability management, to capital structure, to working capital and identifying financing sources amongst a myriad of options and costs – some transparent, others hidden and some mingled – all fall under the role of the Financial Manager. Given its natural overlapping role, especially with treasury, vis-à-vis banking relationships and funding sources, cooperation becomes critical amongst key players such as the financial manager, CFO and treasurer to ensure that taking, for example, a derivative position, is agreed upon and documented as a financially sound position to take.
This course will help you grasp the main concepts of finance and the practical mechanics of its implementation in different market disciplines, such as banking, commercial, industry as well as SMEs. It will provide you with the necessary tools to make a sound financial decision – as in investments, acquisitions, divestitures, funding, and product architecture.
Benefits Of Attending
- Understand the critical factors and the wide gamut of risk variables in credit decision-making as a financial manager
- Evaluate creditworthiness and cash flow of a borrower, and develop a framework for establishing and setting-up credit limits for borrowers
- Develop a scientific approach to problem recognition, early warning signals and remedial management
- Explore techniques used by market players to cope with deteriorating and unacceptable client quality; i.e. secondary market trading, securitisation and credit derivatives
- Explore quantitative and qualitative approaches for valuation and pricing products
- Analyse the effect of off-balance sheet products and derivative instruments on the borrower’s existing and potential cash flow
- Understand how Basel II Capital Adequacy Requirements affect banks’ internal credit scoring and modelling
Is this course for you?
Who Should Attend
- Corporate Finance Officers
- Credit Managers
- Treasurers/Assistant Treasurers
- Finance Directors
- Investment Managers
- Mutual and Pension Fund Managers
- Hedge Fund Managers
Delegates can earn up to 24 CPEs-Finance
Program level: Advanced
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS TRAINING COURSE
Delivered by Prof Arif and Prof Veena
Prof Arif Ahmed and Prof Veena Hingarh are finance experts and trainers, and co-authors of bestselling books.
Certified by GAFM
GAFM® International Board of Standards (IBS) Accreditation Council regulates the standards for certification, accredited education and defines the criteria for qualified training and degree programmes which are a direct path to the certifications.
Run this course in-house
For over 29 years, Informa Connect Academy’s customised training solutions have helped organisations deliver tailored learning in different languages to suit every requirement