Contract Law Specialist (CLS) Certification Program
Master important concepts of contract law; learn how to assess and interpret legal advice youreceive; understand how to use contracts to manage risk and improve dispute resolution
Sign Up for Our Contract Law Specialist (CLS) Certification Program Training
Where legal excellence meets specialisation.
Contracts are an essential element of business and daily life - we enter into and perform contracts each day, often without thinking about it. The commercial environment in the Middle East region has developed and matured over the past few decades, and business transactions in the region continue to grow more complex. Business leaders are faced with a dizzying array of options for resolving disputes, ranging from onshore courts, offshore courts, arbitration and mediation.
While lawyers can supplement and assist with transactions, legal advice is expensive and, in any event, final decision-making authority rests with management and business leaders. Therefore, a manager or executive who has a solid understanding of the basic principles of contract and commercial law will be on a sound footing and better able to utilize lawyers more efficiently
Benefits Of Attending
- Understand the fundamentals of contract law in the GCC region
- Gain new tools and the confidence to understand and negotiate contracts
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure your contracts are expressed plainly and accurately reflect the parties’ commercial deal
- Develop processes to mitigate and manage risk while achieving contract objectives
- Understand how contracts can be used to allocate risk between the parties
Run this course in-house
Informa Connect Academy’s customised training solutions have helped organisations deliver tailored learning in different languages to suit every requirement.
Bespoke training designed for your organisation only, combining traditional classroom setting, blended and online learning models
Is this course for you?
Who Should Attend
This practical advanced course is relevant for all those working with contracts in their everyday business environment – in any industry sector.
Jobs or positions that may benefit from attending this course include:
- Contract Managers
- Legal Professionals
- Business Executives, Senior Managers, Business Development Managers
- Procurement Managers, Project Managers
- Risk Managers, Compliance Officers
- Operations Managers
Assessment and Certification
Delegates must meet two criteria to be eligible for the (CLS) Certificate:
- Satisfactory attendance - delegates must attend all sessions of the course. Delegates who miss more than 2 hours of the course sessions will not be eligible to sit the course assessment.
- Successful completion of the course assessment Delegates who do not meet these criteria will receive a lnforma Certificate of Attendance. If delegates have not attended all sessions, the Certificate will clearly state the number of hours attended.
Upon completion of the course, participants can sit for their Contract Law Specialist (CLS) Exam which is a take-home paper consisting of multiple choice questions and one long response essay. Participants with an 80%passing mark or more will obtain (CLS) certification status.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS TRAINING COURSE
Delivered by Herbert
Herb has more than 30 years’ experience as a lawyer and lecturer in the Middle East region. Herb’s courses are delivered with a high degree of interaction. Participants gain an insightful understanding of contract law and how to use it to achieve their business objectives.
Run this course in-house
For over 29 years, Informa Connect Academy’s customised training solutions have helped organisations deliver tailored learning in different languages to suit every requirement