The 2022 Sponsors were
AP Companies (https://.ap-companies.com) established in 1997, based in Spain, USA, UK, Cyprus, Bangladesh, Ukraine and Latvia , is a leading medical assistance Company in the world with nearly 43000 medical providers across 185 countries, including USA and Canada. We provide back end services to medical Insurance companies such as BUPA , Signa etc. and medical management services to the leading Cruise lines in the world.
We presently service about 1500 vessels and 15000 seafarers on our Client Vessels
Our range of services provided include the following:
1. Cost Avoidance - 24/7 tele medical advise onboard through a Customer care team and specialist doctors.
2. Global Coverage - 43000 plus hospitals and clinics globally - can be accessed through our AP Direct App to make appointments and cashless consultation / admission.
3. Cost Control - For those cases that require medical attendance or hospitalization in port , our Team arranges the medical / dental visits, follows up the treatment with doctors in the hospital, pre-pay hospital bills and liaison with the P&I Club till the seafarer is fit for duty or repatriated home. The treatment and follow up at home country is arranged, followed up ( by our own medical team) and costs are controlled to give the Ship Owner complete transparency and prevent fraudulent medical billing.
Our medical teams are in USA, Spain, Latvia, Israel, Bangladesh, Thailand such that all time zones are covered.
4. Cashless Medical attendance - The payments to the Medical service providers are made by AP Companies and our App APDirect allows the Vessel / Office to make appointments with the Doctor and arrange cashless medical attendance.
5. Assistance in Crisis Management - In times of Crisis Management - Fire , Collision, Groundings etc , AP Companies can provide you with medical assistance services ashore to assist the Emergency Response team. We can provide a maritime experienced Doctor on call to assist the Crisis management team.
6. Compliance with MLC Article IV - We are able to provide world class medical infrastructure to your crew onboard (in line with MLC Article IV requirements) through our network and our App APDirect.
7. We provide Pre-employment medicals (PEME) through our network in over 25 countries. Even if you use your own provider for PEME , we can maintain a record of the PEME, medical history , allergen history of the seafarer in our records (in compliance with GDPR) . This ensures a faster consultation (as the Doctor can view the data) , a continuous improvement loop over the years the seafarer is employed with Shipping companies and avoids prescription of medicine that can cause complications.
8. We also provide Mental Health counseling and treatment through Doctors via tele-medicine or in port consultation.
9. We provide Medical evacuation, Air Ambulance and medical escort services globally.
Our services free up the Ship Owner / Ship Managers time for arranging medical attendance for crew on board and provide you with peace of mind, cost control and transparency on all medical attendance costs
More importantly we give you a number to call to get an earliest solution, we arrange the solution and provide the crew / shore management with the assurance that there is professional help available.