Innovation is most beneficial when it's rooted in customer value. In this presentation, Tiyale Hayes walked through the importance of ideas reflecting future outcomes and being steeped in customer centricity.
Keys for Success:
- Have a vision for your work
- Enroll key stakeholders early in the process
- Take the team on a journey - add in fun adventures (research/immersions)
- Touch base often (i.e. quote of the day...send back a quote of the day to folks in the office)
- Secure some advocates - walk the corners
- Celebrate the accomplishments
Who does future-focus well?
- Citibank - has cards and products that elevate the conversation (new currency = access to Beyonce's concerts)
- Cheerios - does a good job in filling out the space (products for everyone)
a Master of Science in Creativity, Innovation and Change Leadership
from the International Center for Studies in Creativity at Buffalo State
College and an M.B.A in Marketing from Bentley University. She enjoys
writing about creativity and innovation and is published with Bloomberg
Businessweek, the Huffington Post, The National Association of Gifted
Children, and iMedia Connection. In her role as an award winning,
digital marketer, she uses her passion for creativity and innovation to
develop breakthrough digital and social experiences. You can connect
with Alicia on Twitter @alicarnold.