Sign Up for Our Data Governance Training Course
Data is no longer generated only by the organisation’s transactions it is also being purchased, borrowed, scraped from social media, shared, and then mined. The traditional approaches to managing and governing the organisation’s vast data troves no longer scales. Data management and governance is no longer the sole provenance of a data focused group in the Information Technology (IT) department. It is now seen as the responsibility of the entire business organisation. This highly interactive course provides delegates with an in-depth understanding of all the aspects of data governance, covering both traditional and the new approaches.
Benefits Of Attending
- Gain familiarity with the overall data regulatory environment, including the GDPR
- Increase the organisation's overall involvement with data management
- Prepare for the massive increase in data use and application predicted for the next decade
- Make the maximum use of the data available to the organisation for accurate and timely predictions and decision making
This course answers the following questions:
- What is data governance and how does it differ from data management?
- Why is data governance important to me and to my organisation?
- Who is responsible for data governance in an organisation?
- What are the components of data governance and how are they managed?
- What are the activities involved in a data governance programme?
- Does traditional data governance scale to include Big Data, data analytics, and the data intensive Artificial Intelligence applications?
- Are there any best practices that can be applied to help implement a data governance programme in my organisation?
Is this course for you?
Who Should Attend
- Business and technology leaders and managers who regularly work with data within financial institutions and other organisations
- Database managers and administrators
- Entrepreneurs, consultants and executives who deal with the results of data to make data driven decisions for their organisations
- Anyone who uses or will use data for effective decision-making and interpretations
Registration will be at 08:30 on Day One. The course will commence at 09:00 and end at 14:30. There will be breaks for refreshments and lunch will be served at the end of each day’s session (for in-person delegates).
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS TRAINING COURSE
Delivered by Steve
Steve Blais, PMP, PMI-PBA, is an author, consultant, teacher, and a coach who has over 55 years’ experience in Information Technologies. He has also been in executive positions for several start-up companies and several software and educational services organisations. His current projects include digital transformation and cloud technology in financial organisations in Southeast Asia, data analytics projects in the Middle East and agile transformations in the United States of America..
Certified by IFF
The International Faculty of Finance is one of the world’s leading specialist financial training organisations. Providing participants in the global financial markets with intensive technical training programmes designed to help them succeed on the global stage. Established in 1991 we have grown our business internationally and now deliver services both in person and virtually globally.
Run this course in-house
For over 29 years, Informa Connect Academy’s customised training solutions have helped organisations deliver tailored learning in different languages to suit every requirement.